PDA

View Full Version : Percula not feeding, breathing heavily

itsboosting
03/29/2007, 08:15 PM
Hi all,

I have a pair of true perculas in my tank for about 4 weeks now, and they were fine. Water params were tested and they were okay. However, today when i fed the fishes, only 1 was eating while the other did not. He seemed to have a slight discoloration/wrinkle to the first white stripe closest to his head. The other fish is absolutely fine.

After searching for a bit, i've came across several threads that suggested a FW dip in case it was any internal parasites and so i did that for about 5 minutes and then put the fish back into the tank. Tried feeding it again, but still would not take any food. The fish swims and all, but isn't as active as the other percula in the tank. I noticed that the fish also breathes much more heavily when compared to the percula that is in great health. Can anyone help me pinpoint what the cause may be?

ps. I was overfeeding the tank before, and was instructed to slow down the feeding since i was having an outburst of red slime algae. So i went ahead and did a 10% waterchange on sunday, and kept my lights off for the past 3 days. I went ahead and did another 10% waterchange today as well and it seems like most of my slime algae are dying off.

TerryB
03/29/2007, 08:23 PM
More likely brooklynella than anything else. I would read up on it and treat the fish. Best treatment is a series of three formalin dips, one every third day.

Terry B