PDA

View Full Version : what to put in rear chambers

StunnaShadez
03/29/2007, 11:05 PM
i was wondering what do you guys put in the rear chambers of your nano's? chemi-pure and what else? right now all i have is liverock rubble in my 12g

Ludenchief
03/30/2007, 05:36 AM
Chaetomorpha

A very good way to control nitrat.

steelerguy
03/30/2007, 09:01 AM
I have a 12g JBJ. In the first chamber I have the heater along with some live rock rubble. In the second, I have the backing cut away, some cheato and Chemipure, with a 13W power compact. I am actually thinking about taking the Chemipure out most of the time and only running it a few days at a time when I think the water needs some polishing. Third chamber has the pump and I have run Phosban in there before when I was having Cyano problems early on.

All in all, I really like my setup. Seems to keep nitrates in good order and the Cheato is also an excellent breeding ground for pods.

Illuminati
03/30/2007, 10:03 AM
If you go with chaeto you need to give it some light, I have mine wedged between a couple rocks in the display.

As for the back chambers Chemi-pure and Purigen are the way to go, just get the purigen that is already in the little media bag.

murfman
03/30/2007, 10:07 AM
I do like colinadam and keep the cheato and some caulerpa in the main tank. I do keep 1L of siporax beads in my pump chamber to aid in biofiltration.

reefersnob
03/30/2007, 10:26 AM
I run: Tonga rubble 1 1/2-2lbs, activated cabon, Phoszorb(when levels are high), and the kicker....Miracle Mud. I run bags of this in my power filter, which is more like a refugium. When I replaced my last bag I had to rip it out because the sponges and macros had grown all over it fusing it to the filter.

StunnaShadez
03/30/2007, 12:27 PM
so i can cut off the black covering off in the back? just cut what i want off and peel it, right? right now it looks like most like chemi-pure in there so thats what ill have. chaeto is going to go in the second chamber maybe first along with my liverock rubble <--what do you guys think? as for caulerpa.. i dont think i would want that. i dont want it to go all bad and then nuke my tank. do chaeto do that also?