PDA

View Full Version : wrasse and clown

katiegurl83
03/29/2007, 11:28 PM
I just got a nice six line Wrasse because I have bristle worms...and he or she (the wrasse) is about an inch...he/she/it is small and hasn't bothered my lawnmower blenny at all, but I would like two clown fish eventually, would a wrasse hurt a clown? Any comments?

sir_dudeguy
03/29/2007, 11:44 PM
I've had a sixline w/all 3 pairs of my clowns (all 6 clowns were ocellaris) and he never touched one of them. The wrasse would often swim w/the clowns actually. But i'd add the clowns before the wrasse gets too big so that it doesnt become dominent. So maybe in 3 weeks add the clown pair, but IMO that lawnmower blenny might be putting you over a bit if you have the 2 clowns and the wrasse in just a little 35

reefsbeforehoz
03/30/2007, 12:23 AM
older clowns who have established territory might. then again they might not. the older wrasse might bother the newcomers. who knows.

Icefire
03/30/2007, 02:19 AM
Bristleworm are good btw

Aliie
03/30/2007, 06:37 AM
You may want to decide if your wrasse can handle a pair of clowns. I have only one maroon clown and she tore apart my six line wrasse. They were put into the tank at the same time but the wrasse was much smaller than the clown. I may be that maroons are more aggressive.

sir_dudeguy
03/30/2007, 08:12 AM
aliie, maroon clowns are known for being mean like that. I'd get ocellaris or true percula clowns if you're gonna mix them w/anything.

and like icefire said, why try to get rid of the bristles? They're good to have. In any case, i know that sixlines are sposed to eat them, but i never saw either of the 2 i used to have eat one of them. I'm sure its hit or miss tho.

FZ1Rider
03/30/2007, 08:55 AM
I have two true percs and a six line. First they are rarely in the same area. The wrasse is in the rocks and the percs are above them. I got the percs first and added the wrasse about a month later.

Anyway no problems so far with mine. But I have a 65g tank so YMMV.

Peter

UnderCoverDork
03/30/2007, 09:42 AM
i have a 6 line and a pair of OC clowns. They dont bother eachother. the have diffrent agendas, the clows look for food all day in the main water column while the 6 line cruzes the LR and caves looking for food.

i think they will be fine

though people say you should add a 6 line last becaseu they are know to pick on new fish...keep that in mind

a small one should be fine