PDA

View Full Version : New Fish?

bg3489
03/30/2007, 05:29 PM
Hey everybody! I have had the same fish stock for about a year now and think it's time to start making a final list to have for my tank. I have a 115 gallon reef with LPS, softies, and mushrooms. My current fish are a maroon clown, purple tang, sailfin tang, green mandarin, flame angel, and a pipefish (I know I know he does not belong in here but I have had him for about a year now with absolutly no problems, he scavanges around behind the rocks all day and comes out closer to the evening time). I am most likely going to add an anthias or so along with a few gobies and blennies. I was looking into adding a reef-safe trigger and possibly and interesting wrasse. Has anybody had any experience with either a cross-hatch or male blue jaw trigger in a reef? And would either of these fit my current fish list? Along I saw a neat leopard wrasse and a choati wrasse. How hard are these fish to keep and would one be alirght for my tank since I have had success with the pipefish and mandarin? Any input would be appreciated I just want to make sure I fully research all my options before buying anything. Thanks!

MTB
03/30/2007, 05:57 PM
The leopard and choati wrasses are very cool looking fish. You should be able to keep one or the other. Careful if you have both those wrasse with the mandarin and pipefish. They will all compete for pods and diminish the supply quickly.

bg3489
03/30/2007, 11:04 PM
Do you think they can adapt to any other type of foods? I.e mysis or anything else?

kimm
03/30/2007, 11:18 PM
I have a 6 line that eats off the nori sheets

bg3489
04/01/2007, 03:59 PM
Does anybody know any information on a red tail tamarind? (Coris Wrasse)

brccoins
04/01/2007, 09:57 PM
For a reef safe wrasse I would look into a ruby head fairy.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1153&N=0

My favorite gobies are hi fin red banded.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=181&N=0

Both are pretty cheap.