PDA

View Full Version : Aquapro 24 Mods

cubular
03/30/2007, 06:05 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to reef keeping. I just set up my AQ 24 six days ago and am enjoying it very much. I bought the model with two 32 watt pc lights and already am wondering about modding for more light. I have already ordered two Silenx fans so I am going to be taking it apart soon. I will probably change out to 40 watt bulbs at the same time. So, in the future, I am thinking about adding more light. I saw a thread that mentioned three 40 watt lights. Could someone please direct me to that. Has anyone put a 70 watt hqi in the hood with 2 actinics? Would the heat be too much. I'd like to keep the hood (small grandkids). Thanks for any help.

Azial
03/31/2007, 01:52 AM
I modded to the three 40 watts systems.

I recommend www.nanotuners.com for a look at how it's done.

I did mine with a SunPaq retro fit kit from Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com) and moved things around in the stock hood. I also took out the stock fan and replaced it and added a second fan and I am very happy with the system overall.

cubular
03/31/2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for your reply. So, I'm assuming you use the stock reflector and not the the one in the retro kit?