PDA

View Full Version : Young Anemone?

Purple Penguins
04/01/2007, 08:54 AM
Ok so second thread, My anemone i noticed doesnt have many tenticles, and I noticed on one side of the outer part of the disk it has very short tiny tenticles unlike the rest of the outer part that has very long ones, I have often wondered if my RBTA is actually a young daughter picture is not so great but my camera isnt the best but hopefully will be able to tell thanks in advance
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/pink_twinkies/anemone.jpg

Purple Penguins
04/01/2007, 08:56 AM
Also after his injury and with much work, My anemone appears to be a happy one, just wanted to see on thoughts on this? do you think he appears happy? if not what else can I do for him? been feeding every day shrimp soaked in selcom and garlic xtreme since injury

Purple Penguins
04/01/2007, 09:14 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/pink_twinkies/anemone2.jpg

rogart
04/01/2007, 09:53 AM
Anemones typically have two problems bleaching = lighting and small, shrinking or short tenticles = starving. I don't use additives with the food and feed silversides. I don't feed every day. What kind of shrimp are you feeding? Otherwise it does look healthy. Are you sure the food is staying in (looks puffy the next day)?

Purple Penguins
04/01/2007, 10:07 AM
the reason for all the extra feedings is this anemone had a bad accident where it went into a very tight spot and ripped its entire side open and all its inards where exposed, after hard work from both of us mostly him it finally healed up, I refused to give up on him, during his injury his zooanthelles were dying, and thus the color loss, since he healed up his coloring is coming back by leaps and bounds, He is definatly not starving all his food stays in him, as soon as i give him food he grabs it all and closes up around it very fast and in less than 5 mins all the food is gone, right now he gets shelled table shrimp thawed and mysid shrimp, silversides are not avail in my area, I have looked everywhere and none to be found, he does look puffy almost always unless he is going to the bathroom which is about once somtimes twice a week

RedSonja
04/01/2007, 12:15 PM
Are the short tentacles you mentioned on the side that was damaged? They may just be growing back after the healing process.

-Sonja

Purple Penguins
04/01/2007, 05:56 PM
no the area damaged was the lower part of the anemone, it came with the short tenticles when I purchased him

Purple Penguins
04/02/2007, 08:59 AM
So this morning I went to go feed my anemone and he looks very happy as always, cept for one change, half of his pink tips have no changed to a very deep pretty purple color, is this normal? or maybe when I got him 3 months ago he was just never his full color due to lighting?