PDA

View Full Version : Rhomboid fairy wrasse

DeltecRules
04/01/2007, 06:06 PM
Are you going to get any male rhomboids in stock in the future? the ones on your site are females.

dfs/la2
04/01/2007, 06:19 PM
DeltecRules,

Thank you for your inquiry into the Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse. We will contact our Aquaculture Facility tomorrow to determine the status on offering males. We will post here once we have this information. We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

dfs/la2
04/02/2007, 08:21 AM
DeltecRules,

We have checked with our Coral Farm this morning regarding the availability of the Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse. We plan to offer the vividly colored male on our site in the Divers Den area under the Fish section on Wednesday April 4th.

Please continue to keep an eye out for this specimen on our site, as this is a one of a kind beautiful specimen.

We would recommend signing up for the Divers Den email alert here:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/DiversDen/DDemailSignUp_form.cfm

Signing up for this email will help you stay informed when we update the new items.

Joyce F.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

racerw
04/04/2007, 07:08 PM
was the rhomboid ever updated in the divers section today? I was looking for it & never saw it.

dfs/la2
04/04/2007, 07:46 PM
Racerw,

Thank you for your response. While we currently have three Rhomboid Fairy Wrasses on Divers’ Den, we do not specify at this time whether these are males or females. We will contact our Aquaculture Facility tomorrow to see if we have any information on these Wrasses and post here once we have this information. We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

DFS
04/04/2007, 09:57 PM
racerw,
Unfortunately the male Rhomboid did not cooperate at all today, and we were unable to shoot an acceptable photograph of this spectacular fish. We will try again for tomorrow.

It is very difficult for us to commit to a specific day when fish will be added to the Divers Den section of the LiveAquaria web site. As some of you may know, fish in an aquarium are very difficult to photograph, especially fast moving fish. I really wish it was easier to take nice pictures on demand for every fish we list on the site, but it’s a challenge every day, even with the proper set up and the best photography equipment.

From here forward, I am going to try and avoid telling the folks here on RC that a certain species of fish, coral or invertebrate will be available on a specific day so we can avoid situations such as the one that happened today with the Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis.

I would encourage everyone who is interested in checking out the newest additions, to sign up for the Divers Den Email Alert so that you can be notified immediately when we add the selections for the day.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
Director of LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

racerw
04/05/2007, 04:35 AM
Kevin not a big deal I just didn't know if I missed it...I figure once a picture is posted he will go fast.
I think it is great that you try to tell folks what you have & when it will become available if they ask. It will keep people from buying else where if they know you have one coming up for sale.
Thanks

DFS/LA1
04/05/2007, 07:27 AM
racerw,

Thank you for your understanding and for your kind compliment. It means a lot to Kevin and all of us here at Drs. Foster and Smith. It is our goal to provide the best customer service we can every day!

Donna Z.
Supervisors
LiveAquaria.com
Drs. Foster and Smith

dfs/la2
04/05/2007, 10:49 AM
racerw,

We have checked with our Coral Farm Facility and they have been successful in taking a picture of the male Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse and he will be placed on our site later today.

This specimen is beautifully formed and has a tear dropped tail.

We would like to also add that the current three Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis on our site are very difficult to sex at this juvenile stage and therefore why we did not specify a gender for them .

We appreciate your patience with us while researching this information for you.

Thank you.

Michelle H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

racerw
04/05/2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys.
Yes he is a beautiful fish...hopefully my order got him in time:)

DeltecRules
04/05/2007, 08:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9653311#post9653311 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dfs/la2
racerw,

We have checked with our Coral Farm Facility and they have been successful in taking a picture of the male Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse and he will be placed on our site later today.

This specimen is beautifully formed and has a tear dropped tail.

We would like to also add that the current three Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis on our site are very difficult to sex at this juvenile stage and therefore why we did not specify a gender for them .

We appreciate your patience with us while researching this information for you.

Thank you.

Michelle H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Michelle the three rhomboids you have on your site are females. With the size they are now, they will have little chance to revert to males.

DFS/LA1
04/06/2007, 08:18 AM
DeltecRules,

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments and for expressing your opinion. We always welcome both from everyone.

Donna Z.
Supervisors
LiveAquaria.com
Drs. Foster and Smith