PDA

View Full Version : springeri eggs

pirate2876
04/01/2007, 09:23 PM
i was cleaning a bit arouns my tank when i noticed what looks to be a clutch of eggs.now i have 2 psudeos(spingeri,arabian)in my tank.is it possible to have these be fertile eggs?the springeri is the only one near the eggs.the arabian is somewhere in the rockwork.whats my next move if any?

reefman13
04/01/2007, 09:53 PM
Well try to let the flow settle down. If they are fertilized when they hatch they will be very small and if you have high powered return pump w/high tank flow their survival chance is minimal. I had a friend who tried to breed clowns and he had to get them to lay eggs on a tile which he transfered to another tank for them to hatch. In that you need a 10/15 gallon w/2 10 gallon air pumps (for flow/air) and a heater.

Most eggs in the main reef will either die, be eaten, or hatch and then get skimmed out. If the fish turn out to be mated and you would like to breed them you must setup a seperate tank for breeding/hatching the fry.

ediaz
04/02/2007, 07:32 AM
Even when everything is possible with fish...

It is more likely you have a female laying eggs without a male, I have a few of them, the eggs will not be fertilized and will go bad in 4 days.

Ed

pirate2876
04/02/2007, 04:22 PM
the only thing is i can swear i see eyes.there are 2 shiny,silvery,bobble type eyes in each egg.and springeri looks super beat up.is it possible to cross breed the different types of psuedos?anyone know?

ediaz
04/03/2007, 09:12 AM
like I said everything is possible

but having raised more than 250K dottybacks, if the springer is beat up she is the female, then she would not be caring for the eggs, thats done by the male.

littlefish72
04/08/2007, 11:29 PM
it is possible to cross breed dottybacks.........ORA has crossed an orchid and striped dotty (fridmani and sankeyi).......they call it an Indigo...it's blue