PDA

View Full Version : bulkhead?

an411
04/02/2007, 02:54 PM
If I was to drill my tank do all bulkhead sizes require the same size hole to be drilled or are every different size bulk head require a different drill size? If its one standard size bit for all bulkheads what size bit?

Krazy
04/02/2007, 02:57 PM
When you buy your bulkheads, it will tell you the size of the hole needed on the sticker (the ones I bought did anways)

I would assume differnt bulkheads would amount to different hole sizes needed...

barbra
04/02/2007, 02:57 PM
When you buy the bulkhead there should be a chart that tells you the size hole to make, and then you get a diamond coated hole saw in the mm size that most closely matches.

an411
04/02/2007, 03:00 PM
yeah that is the only reason that i am asking cause I wanted to buy the hole saw on ebay but i guess that i will grab the bulkhead first and then buy the hole saw.

Thanks

barbra
04/02/2007, 03:02 PM
If you buy the bulkhead from Savko (and probably many other places too) they have the chart on their website, so you could at least anticipate and order the correct hole saw.

Krazy
04/02/2007, 03:03 PM
Overstock.com has a sale on the diamond coated hole saw bits

:D

plus if you google coupon codes, first time customers get an extra 8% off the total :)

Have Fun :cool: