PDA

View Full Version : Just some thoughts.....

In Deep Water
04/02/2007, 04:54 PM
So I havent even had my tank for a full month now and I can already see that I may be wanting an upgrade. See...originally I thought I would just get the aquarium and throw some livestock in it and bam...I would have this cool attraction at the house. Basically thought to do a small scale FOWLR and keep it as low maintance as possible and as a lesser priority. Well....lo and behold...I stumble onto Reef Central. This community has opened my eyes to what it really means to be in this hobby. Ive learned some stuff on here that no book can offer. Thats pricelss. I had a different mentality of the hobby when I was on the outside looking in. Its hard to see the behind the scenes work, the sacrafice, and learning process that goes into tanks. You mostly get to see the finished product. I just wanted to thank the site and all the members for showing me the passion, dedication, and enthusiasm involved with this hobby. You guys make me want to go BIG!!!!!!!

Satori
04/02/2007, 05:00 PM
Lol, it happened the same way for me. I saw an empty 30 gallon tank in my boss's garage and thought "A fish tank would be cool." He asked me if I was going to go freshwater or saltwater. After some thought, I thought "Saltwater would be cool." I started with a book, then a guy at work with a reeftank found me and pointed me to this site. The rest is history. :lol:

CindySki
04/02/2007, 05:27 PM
dont rush it! make sure it's what you want to do, it takes time and money to keep up with these critters, i am afraid i am getting ready to tear mine down cuz "i got in to deep" ;)

HBtank
04/02/2007, 05:34 PM
Mine started when I adopted an abused 55 gallon. I did not even have a choice! (at least I try and tell myself that) ;)