PDA

View Full Version : so this is my first time trying this

everl0ng
04/02/2007, 05:09 PM
i really really REALLY don't want to have to take my rock and corals out to get my coral beauty out that i want to give to a friend that has a bigger tank. i don't know how the heck else to do it though? any suggestions? i don't want to stress everything else out in the tank by removing everything...AAANNNDDD i don't want to have to reaquascape...anything at all that i can do BESIDES do what i am trying SO very hard to avoid? thank you so much for your time and help!

CindySki
04/02/2007, 05:16 PM
unless you can catch him with a fish trap or net, gl, i was trying to get out a yellow tang and other than doing what you dont want to do, i dont see any othe way, i also didnt want to do that and still have the tang!

everl0ng
04/02/2007, 05:25 PM
well i think he is the reason that i have had an ammonia spike, but should i wait it out a month with regular wc's and see if that helps?

frederickk
04/02/2007, 05:35 PM
If you want to catch him try with two nets at a time. Bring one closer to him and move the other one in the direction he will be traped to go.

everl0ng
04/02/2007, 05:39 PM
i have tried that but as soon as he sees me come in the room even near the tank he darts under the rocks haha. i tell ya...fish are damn good ad their evasive nature.

stuccodude
04/02/2007, 06:48 PM
cindyski, i kid you not my yellow tang likes too be petted with my algea scraper its soo cool, whenever i put a net in the tank she goes right too it to be petted, but on another note my wrass was gonna kill my flame angel and did kill my fairy wrass and i did have too pull all the rock out(about 200 pounds) one fish he kills i will let it go but too he was too mean for my tank, good luck

frank2926
04/02/2007, 07:01 PM
try getting him out at night after the lights have been out a few hours. Use a flashlight to find him. you can try turning the lights on and throwing in some food to. If the lights have been out long enough they will come out for the food punch drunk if you will. Try it in the dark first. If you know where he hides try scaring him out of the hole with the handle of the net or something like that.