PDA

View Full Version : 9010 Pump Problem

Tuskfish
04/02/2007, 05:15 PM
Hey Roger.
I've had my 9010 for about 6 months and decided to clean it (it hasn't been a year but it was looking a little dirty). Since I put everything back together the pump doesn't draw any water into the body. I have never had any problems with the skimmer before this. I took apart the pump and cleaned the impeller and still got the same result. The pump makes a weird "grinding" noise and only spins the impeller intermittently. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to attempt to take anything apart any further and risk causing real damage if this turns out to be a minor problem. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Jordan

rvitko
04/03/2007, 07:39 AM
Please see the stickied thread at the top of this forum on cleaning pumps, all of our pumps use the same basic mechanism. I suspect the upper bearing is dragging and it can't overcome the resistance to restart.

Tuskfish
04/29/2007, 09:23 PM
Roger,

I followed the advice on the sticky thread and have been cleaning the pump with vinegar a couple of times over the last few weeks. When I put the impeller back into the body it works a little better, but is still grinding and can't overcome the resistence to start. It doesn't appear that the upper bearing is damaged in any way, but then again I'm not really sure what I am looking for. I'm not sure what I should do next. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jordan

rvitko
04/30/2007, 10:57 AM
Can you send it in? Turnaround would not be more than 48hrs.