PDA

View Full Version : Regal vs Majestic Angel

philip5510
04/03/2007, 06:16 PM
i have a 120g LPS dominated reeftank. it is almost fully stocked but i really want to add either a Regal Angel or a Majestic Angel.
my concern is my LPS corals.

i would appreciate your input on this decision

McCrary
04/04/2007, 06:41 AM
The Regal angel is going to have the chance to be a lot safer with LPS than the navarchus is, but both are going to be a risk. Most regals seem to be pretty reef safe, but LPS and clams are things they seem to go after most often. If you get a navarchus then be prepared for him to eat coral. If you do consider getting the Regal angel make sure that you properly research their care as they can be very difficult to feed and have a very low survival record with keepers who don't have experience with hard to keep fish.

McCrary
04/04/2007, 06:46 AM
Here is a link to the Regal angel thread, if you do decide to get one make sure to research thoroughly.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=389107&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

clekchau
04/04/2007, 10:30 AM
it's a crapshoot, both could eat your lps zoas or both could leave them alone. another angel worth considering is the goldflake

marie
04/04/2007, 06:15 PM
Murphys law says, if you don't want a fish picking at your corals then don't get an angel. Especially in an lps dominant tank :D