PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to train fish?

ReefJerk
04/04/2007, 07:26 AM
I didn't think so until I saw this. The most amazing thing I've seen in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpEqZ4E1Xos

GreenPuffers
04/04/2007, 07:35 AM
Thats different

Butchdawg14
04/04/2007, 11:32 AM
those are robotic you didnt know that!!! lol lol

CaptRon
04/04/2007, 11:45 AM
I think so. When I was a teen, I had an oscar that would go nuts begging for food whenever anyone walked by the tank. Everytime the fish begged, water was splashed all over the wall and floor (tank had a lid, but water still made it through the cracks) so my parents weren't too happy with my tank. I ended up training him to know when food was coming by turning of the lights on only one end of the tank. Begging then only occurred when the lights on the left side were off and he never begged any other time.

My clowns and shrimp only beg at the surface when the pumps are turned off since that is when they are fed.

I have yet to find a solution for my african cichlids. They are a little on the slow side. They are so dumb that I've had to pick some of them up from the floor when I feed them because they are so eager to eat they jump right out. Most of the time they just stand up like a bunch of dolphins at the top of the water when the canopy is opened.

tkeracer619
04/04/2007, 12:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9645295#post9645295 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Butchdawg14
those are robotic you didnt know that!!! lol lol

:lol: yup

Thurge
04/04/2007, 12:23 PM
I have known people to train Cichlid to jump through hoops (litterally) for food.