PDA

View Full Version : Miami/Coconut Grove Aquarium Shops

seapug
04/04/2007, 04:23 PM
Couldn't find a specific forum for this topic, so I'm posting here. I am going to be in the Coconut Grove area of Miami for business next week and have some free time. Just wondering if anyone can suggest some good fish stores in the area that might be worth checking out while I'm there. Thanks....

Pico Keeper
04/04/2007, 05:18 PM
There's aren't any fish stores in Coconut Grove. Closest ones are in South Miami area.

Go to reef club forums / florida marine aquarium society forum / and on the 1st page there is a list of every store in Dade/Broward County. Just plug those into map quest and get the closest stores. I can pretty much already tell you though.

Gables Aquarium - US1 & 67th ave
Aquarimart - Bird Rd & 67th ave.
Exotic Aquariums - Bird & 79th ave.

GoblinFish
04/04/2007, 05:45 PM
If you have a way to move around and the will to drive a little bit you should check out Big Als in Tamarac, by far my favorite fish store!

6820 N. University Drive
Tamarac, Florida 33321

http://www.bigalsusa.com/

seapug
04/05/2007, 09:36 AM
thanks for the info. I'll see if I can make it to some of those.

tonymax
04/05/2007, 07:33 PM
I second that GoblinFish....thats one hell of a store with a beautiful display. There's also a couple of fish stores off Bird Road that sells things that they don't even know they are selling. For example...theres one on Bird and 137 that sells Scarlet Hermits for the price of the blue hermits...60 cents I believe.

HolyScoly
04/05/2007, 07:50 PM
theres a lot of nice stores in the south miami but 2 me the ones with the nicest set up and coral selection have 2 be aquariam mart on sw 40 st and 66 ave and exotic aquariums also has nic e stuff on 40 st and 77 but if u have a chance the 1 u MUST check out
coralreeffarm.com they have really nice stuff.

nyvp
04/05/2007, 08:17 PM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=235

local club:
on top is the lfg spread sheet