PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angel - How Aggressive?

Waterbury Guy
04/05/2007, 06:13 AM
I would like to add one as my second to last fish, but am worried about aggressiveness. I once had a Royal Gramma I found to be too aggressive. Would you say that a Flame is more or less aggressive than a Gramma?

bobt2
04/05/2007, 06:35 AM
i HAD a flame in my 75.chased every fish i ever tried to put in the tank,to the point they died. she did leave the corals alone tho.

Bmgrocks
04/05/2007, 06:40 AM
U need to add the Flame Last, Have both, Royal was in First, then the flame.. The flame is not aggressive at all once it is added

However New additons added are not welcomed in the Flame's Tank

Both Flame and RG were in 29

tenwhiteduke
04/05/2007, 06:47 AM
I added my flame, and she was not a problem at all. I added her to two Yellow Stripe Maroons too. No Problem with them getting along.

steri
04/05/2007, 08:46 AM
I have a flame in my tank. He seems to do well with the inhabitants. Doesn't really pick on anybody.

I recently added 2 sunburst anthias to my tank. My flame and Rock Beauty chased them around for the first 2 days, but since has left them alone and the anthias are eating fine. I only have Zoa's, Xenia and Star Polyps in my tank as far as corals go, and so far the Flame doesn't appear interested to pick on any of that.

Hope that helps. BTW, I was suprised to hear you had a Royal Gramma that became aggressive. I personally hadn't heard of that before.

With Angels you have to be a bit cautious, but personally, I have never had any issues with angels in my tanks with other fish.

Waterbury Guy
04/05/2007, 08:53 AM
>>BTW, I was suprised to hear you had a Royal Gramma that became aggressive. I personally hadn't heard of that before.

Yea it was one of the first fish I added to my previous tank. She got HUGE and NASTY!