PDA

View Full Version : Fish stocking?

RTKBA308
04/07/2007, 01:25 PM
I was thinking of adding another fish to my tank. An angel or maybe a Firefish or two. But, take a look at what I have(don't want to overstock);

58 Gallon;

Lawnmower Blenny
Clark Clown
Leopard Wrasse
McCoskers Wrasse
Blue Green Chromis(2)

KAKLANGLEY
04/07/2007, 02:45 PM
I personally dont see a prolem with one more just keep it small and maybe someting that will do a specific task such as sifting or algae. smaller pygmy angel are pretty to me, but may nip a some corals or clams

oli5
04/07/2007, 03:27 PM
I think you will be fine adding another fish, maybe even 2 if you kept them small. If you've got a good skimmer to handle the load then you'll definitely be fine, just don't over-crowd, but you already know that. Good luck.

oli5
04/07/2007, 03:28 PM
Oh and how is your leopard wrasse because I was thinking of getting one. The reason I didn't was because I got the impression that they're really hard to keep, is this true?

RTKBA308
04/07/2007, 03:34 PM
Well, it's doing really good. The first day I had it in my tank, it ate Mysis. Then for the next three days, he would bite it, then spit it out. The fourth day it would eat half the food and spit the rest out. For the past three days, he ate everything he took into his mouth. Gets along with the other fish fine.

Around 9pm, he disappears under the sand to sleep:D .

ETA; Apparently, they are hard to transport and to acclimate(mainly getting them to eat). But, once they are established, they are not difficult. One of the important things is to have a fairly deep sandbed.