PDA

View Full Version : fish stung by anemone ?

Kubi
04/07/2007, 02:51 PM
I found this perfect spotted mandarin very very fat and healthy. After acclimating her for about an hour and let her go on the bottom of the tank. She got caught up with the current and went with it right into my carpet. I was quick enough to pull her out before the carpet closed all the way up, but she was stung pretty bad. She is safe in a speciman container and breathing ok and she is able to follow my fingers with her eyes. Bottom line, Does she have a chance?

Thanks...Paul

Slakker
04/07/2007, 03:09 PM
I sure hope so...she sounds beautiful! Keep us updated, please!

Purple Penguins
04/07/2007, 04:17 PM
poor little mandarin, I hope she/he pulls through

Kubi
04/07/2007, 06:28 PM
sorry to say she did not make it:sad1:

illcssd
04/07/2007, 08:18 PM
Ime, carpets and mandarin's dont mix well at all.
But, you have already learned that lesson.
Sorry about your mandarin!

Slakker
04/07/2007, 08:33 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that :(

Kubi
04/08/2007, 07:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9671978#post9671978 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by illcssd
Ime, carpets and mandarin's dont mix well at all.
But, you have already learned that lesson.
Sorry about your mandarin!

Let my tell you a little history. I have had this carpet and a pair of wild true percs since 1998. when I bought this carpet I knew that any FISH that I add to my tank can be a potential victim and I have lost servral fish to the carpet.

Now let my tell you about my experience with mandrains and carpets. I have had 3 that did not survive more then 2 weeks because they were to far gone from the LFS. I have also had 2 that lived quit a long time 2.5yrs and 3yrs. Both deaths were unknown and I pulled them out of the tank.

illcssd, I have experienced my carpet grab 2 fish before and both times I was not able to pull them out. This one time I was able and came here looking for advice.

Now let me hear your experience.

Slakker and Purple Penguins thank you for your concerns

Purple Penguins
04/08/2007, 07:45 AM
Im so sorry to hear your mandarin did not make it, yet I think its wonderful you have had a pair of percs and this carpet hosting since 98, Hope for better experiences in the future