PDA

View Full Version : Totally bizzare molt story

rudyistaken
04/07/2007, 05:43 PM
I thought my ciliata was dead. He was laying on his side under a big rock so I picked him up, took him out of the tank and put him into my 54 Peacock tank for food. (I know, but I did anyway)

Strangely enough it has been a few day and guess who has located himself in my tank? He was not dead, just decided to molt under a rock instead of his burrow.

Now I got to find a way to get him out of there before my peacock finds him.

Very bizarre though as although I didn't examine him closely I was pretty sure he was dead

KhawMengLee
04/07/2007, 06:08 PM
Okaaaaaaay...now I am totally freaking out because when my G. Ternatensis died it was a lot like that.

He was sorta curled in a ball outside his hole. So I scooped him up and placed him in a secure container(with holes so the water could flow thru). He eventually stopped moving altogether and didn't seem to even be breathing...so I thought he was dead and after looking at him and rolling him around in my hands I decided he was dead and buried him...

after hearing your story I'm kinda freaking out because he may not have been dead :eek:

Pea-brain
04/07/2007, 09:37 PM
Are you sure it molted? because if it didn't it sounds like it could be heavy metal poisoning. check your heater for cracks or anything like that just in case.

rudyistaken
04/08/2007, 07:12 AM
I am not positive it molted, but he is darker for sure and the tank was a biocube with no heater