View Full Version : locking up controller

David Bettings
04/08/2007, 07:08 AM
Can any one help ?
on wednesday the controller froze on the screen I could not do anything.
I took out the bat and put back and it started right away.
so thirsday i did an update and it went well , all functions working.
Friday morning i woke up to find it frozen again but when its frosen what ever program was running stayed on. MY TEMP WENT DOWN TO 70 !!!!!!
So I took out the bat and put it back and all is well again.

Now I am leaving it hooked up to the pc allday Sat and Sunday morning it is still running fine.

I have way too much invested to get a good night sleep thinking that if it frezzes whith the heater on and the co2 running I could loose ALL.

Any help would be much needed.

04/08/2007, 10:33 AM
There are a batch of controllers that seem to develop this problem. I suggest you contact your dealer right away and get it exchanged. This is a known problem and Aquatronica has been exchanging them.
Do Not Leave your tank hooked up all day unattended, it will freeze again. You need to get the controller changed ASAP.

David Bettings
04/09/2007, 02:28 PM
We are trying to wook it out with AO.
They have been in contact even on a long weekend.
Will keep posted on how we fix this.

Can I leave the PC running it or dose that matter?

04/09/2007, 07:50 PM
I would not depend on it to do anything. Think worst case scenario that it locks up and leaves something running. I would go full manual until you get the controller replaced. BTW I heard another guy saying that AO is only reimbursed by Aquatronica for replacement by ground shipment delivery (5 days), so if you want it fast you should specify next day air and pay the shipping difference. At least that's what I would do.

04/10/2007, 02:14 AM
HI David Bettings,

please send an e-mail to [email protected] explaning the problem, they will solve.

David Bettings
04/15/2007, 02:47 PM
Well after about a week and lots of talk, I recieved my replacement controller and alls working well.

Thank you AO

Aquarium Obsessed
04/21/2007, 05:11 AM
Your welcome David.

Please return the defective parts asap.

thank you!