PDA

View Full Version : 2 fish in QT one sick can I....

sjj80
04/08/2007, 12:54 PM
add medication/ treat the tank with both fish in there??? One true percula has been in QT for 2 wks and the other true perc was added yesterday and has lack of appetite, stringy white poop, is pale and isn't very active. I was thinking of using maracyn 2. The other clown is perfectly healthy, would it be harmful to dose the QT with him in it too???

sjj80
04/08/2007, 01:03 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that the ill clown is also breathing heavily.

Please help, I don't want him to die!

Bainic
04/08/2007, 01:12 PM
If its the same ailment, then you could treat them both at the same time with the same medication, but you would need to restart your QT time if you add the other fish, (possible contamination of the 1st fish).

sjj80
04/08/2007, 01:19 PM
The new sick fish has already been in the tank since yesterday afternoon, should I go ahead and treat both healthy and sick in the QT or seperate into different tanks and medicate the sick fish by himself? I have an extensive surgery tommorrow and my husband has been recently learning how to take care of my aquaria and I want to make it as easy as possible for him to take care of the tank/s while I'm in the hospital. What should I do???

Blown 346
04/08/2007, 02:41 PM
I owuld treat both fish, even if one fish remains fine. It wont hurt them to treat them together. I would treat the two fish for the specified time the medication requires. Leave the fish in the QT for 4 weeks regardless even if they are doing fine.

The other clown is breathing heavilt since it is stressed out from being caught. Good luck with your surgery, I hope all goes well.

lakwriter
04/08/2007, 03:02 PM
If they have internal parasites (which the stringy white poop indicates), I like Ultra Cure PX.

Sk8r
04/08/2007, 03:13 PM
Definitely treat both: the other has been exposed, now. This is WHY qt is a good idea.