PDA

View Full Version : Aquatinics solar flare ballast issue?

Lostmind
04/08/2007, 03:23 PM
Hey All,

I just purchased an Aquatinics solar flare fixture and had it shipped to me up here in BC, Canada. When I received it, the package looked fine but one end of the fixture was bent inwards and looked like it had been dropped on it's end.

I thought it was no big deal, it was the end without the fans and was easily bent back into proper shape - even the paint was in great condition.

So I go and pick up six 54 watt T5 bulbs from the local shop here. Plug them in and power up the fixture. 2 bulbs on the one ballast light up fine. Fans power up fine. Led's come on fine. But the 4 remaining bulbs don't. One of the four bulbs flickers and dies out in a couple seconds.

The retailer has been great, I've no complaints there. I just don't know if I want to ship this back for an exchange and risk more damages... UPS has a vendetta against me as I've shipped via ups dozens of times for work and personal and it seems every shipment has a problem :(

So, before I do ship this back or whatever, is it possible I am doing something incorrectly? Is there a possible easy fix I am overlooking? I swapped bulb order, same effect as before... perhaps I should just open up the fixture and swap out the icecap 660 ballast? Open it up and check to ensure the wiring is all connected? Or something?

Thanks.

Lostmind
04/08/2007, 05:52 PM
I know it's easter so here is a bump...

raynist
04/08/2007, 07:18 PM
You should post this on their forum under the sponsors section.

Tom from Aquactinics will hook you up.