PDA

View Full Version : Clarkii's - How often to feed??

benihana
04/09/2007, 08:32 AM
I just picked up 2 Clarkii's from my LFS...I was just wondering if they had any special feeding requrirements that anyone knows of? The guy at the LFS said to feed them every other, or even every 3rd day, but I wanted to make sure since I tend to believe people on this board A LOT more than any LFS! :)

Thanks for your help

Benihana

cschweitzer
04/09/2007, 08:43 AM
I feed my fish, including clowns, twice every day. Some people rarely feed their tanks(I know one of these people) and the fish do fine...but he's had his pair for about 7 years and they are not nearly full size...in fact my two year old clowns are almost as big. I would feed at least once a day. They are omnivores, so pretty much any foods will do fine, but I like to give them a variety. Mix it up between meaty frozen or live foods and omnivore pellets. Clowns are one of the easiest feeders as they will be accepting of just about any foods when they are in good health. Giving a mix and feeding on a regular schedule are more important than any specific foods. I will tell you that everything in my tanks go wild for scallops and the favorite is squid.

Toddrtrex
04/09/2007, 09:13 AM
I feed my mated pair on average twice a day. (sometimes I will miss a day, and sometimes they will get more then two feedings). I have had them for about 6 years now, and they spawn every 3-4 weeks, regardless of what I do to the tank.