PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of adding a frag tank to my 120??

hatfielj
04/09/2007, 12:53 PM
I'm currently dreaming up an idea for a 25"LX25"WX (12" or 18")H Frag tank to add to my current 120gal set up as a place to grow out frags when my corals start growing out of control *(hopefully they will do this eventually:))
Anyway, I want to set this up so that it is plumbed into my current system so it will be essentially an extension of my current tank and be just as stable and with the same parameters and everything. However, I'm looking for suggestions on how to hook it up to the current tank. My thoughts were that I could buy a pump to place in my current sump that would pump water from the sump up to the frag tank and out through a two hole over flow box and than back over the overflow into a standpipe and back to the sump? Is this how everyone else hooks up frag tanks to their main display? Any better ideas? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

sharkdude
04/11/2007, 01:31 PM
your idea will work. I T off a single main pump to two side by side tanks that then drain independently. the 120 drains directly back to sump, and the 35 cube drains to a refugium side by side with sump and then back to sump.

just quadruple test all water levels, pump shutdown back siphon, drains, etc
make sure drain never gets clogged.

make