PDA

View Full Version : /sigh simple question, lighting

SquidHC
04/10/2007, 01:37 AM
Alright, if I go MH do I still need to add other lighting or is the MH alone good enough?

Basicaly I can only afford to do one or the other atm, so do I go with 2x 175w MH or 4x48" T5 to start?

Fuzzy Yarbles
04/10/2007, 01:42 AM
im running 2 150 MH on my 60 gal reef and i'm itching to get a 2 T5's setup just for actinics. what type of setup were you lookin for (reef or fish only)?

kau_cinta_ku
04/10/2007, 04:58 AM
it depends on the color of your going for, some ppl run MH only but most will run MH VHO or MH T5 or MH pc combos just to add a little more blue to the color, but there are some bulbs out there that will give you the more blue look and some MH bulbs that will give you a yellow look.

T5's will give you a way to try diff. colored bulbs also to get the look your going for, just make sure it is a good unit with individual reflectors

SquidHC
04/10/2007, 08:43 AM
Basicaly I was going to make my 75 into a FOWLR but decided I didnt want to. Instead Im just gonna spend the cash that I need to to get it up and running. In the end my goal is to have what I listed above, being the 4x 48" T-5's (2 atinic 2 atinic white) and then 2 175-250w MH. I am concenrned about heat control and electricity use. I have to run my whole tank off a 15 amp circut because I live in an apartment so amperage draw is a very crucial part.