PDA

View Full Version : Question about storebought Seaweed

new2scene
04/10/2007, 11:22 AM
I was at the Asian supermarket and bought unseasoned seaweed for my lawnmower blenny as it looks like he's not eating the algae pellets. do i boil the seaweed first or just put it in the tank. thanks

chacha
04/10/2007, 11:30 AM
I would be very careful with that. You could introduce problems into your tank. Stick to the fish store stuff.

BurntOutReefer
04/10/2007, 11:36 AM
if its raw seaweed (i.e. Nori), then just throw it in. Dont boil it or anything like that. Put it on a feed-clip and watch you Blenny go crazy....its perfcetly safe to use.

marduc
04/10/2007, 11:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9691444#post9691444 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chacha
I would be very careful with that. You could introduce problems into your tank. Stick to the fish store stuff.

Not true, they are virtually identical. I have used Nori sold as sushi wraps for years for fish food, as have many, many other people, MUCH cheaper than what is sold for the hobby, and it is the same stuff. One caveat though, read the label to make sure it has no additives or preservatives (for the most part they don't)

BurntOutReefer
04/10/2007, 11:45 AM
what mar said...