PDA

View Full Version : powder blue tang

dbui
04/11/2007, 12:04 PM
Can I keep the powder blue in the 75g tank? and some others small fishes.

TarheelFrag
04/11/2007, 12:17 PM
Sure you can.....

I have one in my 75 and it seems happy. But you HAVE to qt that fish for a while and then keep a close eye on it! If you even look at a picture of a fish with ich and then look at him he will get ich!

BrianD
04/11/2007, 12:27 PM
I would highly discourage it. They are very delicate fish, and need the optimum environment to survive. A 75 gallon tank won't provide it the home it needs.

BrianD
04/11/2007, 12:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9700065#post9700065 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wampas
Sure you can.....

I have one in my 75 and it seems happy. But you HAVE to qt that fish for a while and then keep a close eye on it! If you even look at a picture of a fish with ich and then look at him he will get ich!

Based on your posts, you had a yellow tang 2 months ago, and have since posted about a hepatus tang and a powder brown tang, all (evidently) in your 75 gallon tank. Now you post that you have a powder blue tang. All of this is a fairly newly established tank, and you have also posted about ich outbreaks.

Before you recommend people follow your stocking practices, I would encourage you to wait a year or so to gauge how these practices have worked for you. 2 months means nothing in this hobby.

Michelle L
04/11/2007, 12:59 PM
75 gallons is too small for a PBT, in my opinion. I have a powder blue in my 220, and it sometimes seems too small for him even though he only has a yellow tang, a foxface, a starry blenny and a hawkfish as tankmates.

He swims constantly, grazing on rocks or just playing in the flow. There are times that he is less than relaxing to watch just because he always seems to be looking for a way out. And that is in a 6 foot long tank...