PDA

View Full Version : False perc with Popeye

walt13
04/12/2007, 10:59 AM
Hello all. My female/larger false perc has 1 eye that is bulging out. I am pretty sure this was caused by the new LemonPeel angel that was added to the tank. When I introduced the LP I kept the lights off for a whole day. After the lights came on the LP continued to chase the larger perc so I turned the lights back off. The next day when i got home and tunred the lights on the perc was hiding behind a power head and had an eye bulging. I think it is a mechanical damage and not disease. It has been 5 days and the smaller perc has stayed by her side and she is now eating but the eye does not seem to be getting better. Is there any treatment for this type of injury? I could put her in the QT tank but fear more aggression when she goes back in. The LP does not seem to chase anymore. The perc was the biggest fish until I added the LP. I am not 100% sure it is not a disease but the perc has been with me for 4 years and always been healthy.
Thanks
Walt

andrewsmart
04/12/2007, 12:06 PM
could very well be an injury good water quality should see it heal quite quickly.

keep an eye open for other signs of bacterial infection other eye going or fin rot. red sores.

if you have a q/t set it up just in case.

walt13
04/12/2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks. I do still have my qt up and running. I actually have it full of Chaeto I pulled out of the fuge. I hate throwing it away. I am keeping an eye on him and so far no other signs of distress.
Walt

andrewsmart
04/12/2007, 12:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9708753#post9708753 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by walt13
Thanks. I do still have my qt up and running. I actually have it full of Chaeto I pulled out of the fuge. I hate throwing it away. I am keeping an eye on him and so far no other signs of distress.
Walt

a sensible man indeed might use mine for growing some pods or something once i get my tank stocked.