PDA

View Full Version : Asm G1x

ASaleem91
04/12/2007, 01:31 PM
Hey,
Im thinking of buying this skimmer but am not sure. To all the people who have owned the G1X or any other ASM skimmers please help me out. How have the skimmers been working out for all of you? Would you recommend it for my 100 gallon system(The G1X is rated for 150)? To have to keep messing around with it or can you just leave it alone after you set it up once?

Any information about this skimmer would be great!

Thanks,
ASaleem91

JeffMW
04/12/2007, 03:16 PM
Not that I have a huge background in this arena, but I can speak from experience in owning an ASM Mini. I have had it running on my tank during the cycling process in which the pump has already had it. My salinity stays between 1.026 and 1.028. I say that because I ready that sometimes the salt can "jam" up the pump, but my salt level is not abnormally high or anything like that so why would it do it so often? I have had to clean the pump out with vinegar water 3 times now in order to get it to create bubbles and actually skim. All the while it continues to suck in air and pull in water...just no bubbles.

So not that they are bad or good...I have only had the one...but I do know that I am going with an ER very soon.

Toddrtrex
04/12/2007, 03:26 PM
I have 3 G1X, one each for my 29, 58, & 75. All have been working great, the oldest one is over 2 years old.

However, with my 75 I wish I had gone bigger, while it works as expected, I think the bigger one would be better for that take. So, without knowing how stocked you plan on having your tank, I would go up one or two models.

ASaleem91
04/12/2007, 05:08 PM
bump