PDA

View Full Version : lost wrasse

FishMachine
04/13/2007, 06:19 PM
two days ago i bought a 3 inch cristmas wrasse. i saw for 2 hours when i introduced it and then the lights went of. i have not seen it since. do you think it is just burried in the sand like wrasse do when they sleep?

Thanks
FishMachine

FishMachine
04/13/2007, 06:19 PM
it was burried at the lfs also

markywmson
04/13/2007, 07:00 PM
not being a smart-a$$ but have you checked the floor around the tank well? i've lost a Carpenter's Wrasse and a 6-line due to jumping. If he isn't there, then I'd imagine he's hiding somewhere just trying to figure everything out. i saw you wrote that he was buried at the LFS, so there's a good chance he's just hiding out there too. but just double check your floors/sump to rule that out. Good luck!!

FishMachine
04/14/2007, 06:36 PM
yeah, i checked the floor and i check it every day

Thanks
FishMachine

Jesse-KT
04/14/2007, 06:38 PM
Wrasses are known to burrow under the sand. As long as you don't see it anywhere surrounding the tank, I wouldn't worry as wrasses can be very cautious to come out in open water even in the first week or so. :)

PogoMonogo
04/14/2007, 07:03 PM
My money is on it still being buried. You'd be amazed how long you can go without seeing a fish. I had a 8 line wrasse that my orchid dottyback was harassing like crazy, and he disappeared. I chalked it up to just being one of several fish the dottyback had murdered. 2 months later, I am feeding my tank, and he just kinda pops out and starts eating. That wrasse doesn't even bury.

Roy G. Biv
04/14/2007, 08:34 PM
Sometimes you can go underneath the tank with a flashlight and look up and see burrowed fish

cybertec69
04/15/2007, 07:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9719911#post9719911 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FishMachine
two days ago i bought a 3 inch cristmas wrasse. i saw for 2 hours when i introduced it and then the lights went of. i have not seen it since. do you think it is just burried in the sand like wrasse do when they sleep?

Thanks
FishMachine relax, the same thing happened to me two weeks ago, got this Christmas wrase and he was gone the first day, saw him/her just bury itself under the sand, and it was instantaneous, just vanished, then 2 days later I found him/her swimming around just fine, he/she did that for 2 days, then just vanished for almost a week, panic set in, this morning I get up, since we are having bad weather and everything it was dark in my living room, I go close to the tank, and guess what, he/she is out and about swimming just fine, now these are some weird fish I tell you.

RockinRichie
04/15/2007, 09:27 AM
We bought a 6 line wrasse about 2 months ago, let him go in the tank, saw him for a couple of days and haven't seen him since. We looked everywhere..

cybertec69
04/15/2007, 11:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9730812#post9730812 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RockinRichie
We bought a 6 line wrasse about 2 months ago, let him go in the tank, saw him for a couple of days and haven't seen him since. We looked everywhere.. I bet he is doing just fine, seems to me they don't like coming out during the day, seems like night swimmers to me, saw mine this morning, when the tank was all dark, then a few hours later he was gone again.