PDA

View Full Version : Fish population in 30gal.

edvale
04/14/2007, 12:01 PM
I tried searching this topic but no luck.
I've got a 30gal stock w/ the following fish.

2 blue green chromis
1 fire fish
1 yellow coris wrasse
1 flame angel (small)

I've got 45lbs of live rock w/ a CPR 194 wet/dry w/ skimmer. The tanks been setup for a year. I thought I read somewhere that the rule is 1 inch per gallon.

Whats the suggested/recommend fish load. I'd like to get a pair of clowns and a red spotted blenny

Thanks
Ed

davefan13
04/14/2007, 03:22 PM
I know that the freshwater recomendation is usually 1 inch per gallon, but i think that it is less for saltwater. I'm not sure....and i couldn't tell if your fish are good or not, but i do know that the freshwater recomendation is 1 inch per gallon, but not saltwater

petoonia
04/14/2007, 06:06 PM
The 1 inch per gallon does not apply to saltwater at all. You have to go by the type of fish, and what it's adult size will be. In a 30G I would not add anymore without removing some fish first. You might want to think about removing the chromis if you want a pair of clowns. What type of clowns do you want? You might be able to get away with the blenny, but that would be pushing it.

How long has the tank been set up? What are your parameters? What type of filtration/protein skimmer do you have?