PDA

View Full Version : Need help Fast!!

RWillieK
04/14/2007, 07:04 PM
For some reason my top off dumped a bunch of unmixed kalkwasser in my tank - probably a gallon or so.......my display is so clouded I can't see more than a few inches into the tank with the lights off.

The display is a 20g, sump is a 20g.

My clown is already freaking out.......I'm trying to make new water to dilute it........

Other than dilution, is there anything I can do?

How hard is this going to be on the inhabitants?

Thanks

Robbie

Grunt007
04/14/2007, 07:33 PM
Check Ca, Alk and PH levels. PH would be your primary concern right now. If it is too high you can add something acidic or full of CO2. Randy holmes-farley brought up dosing carbonated water, for kalk overdoes, to bring down the PH. I'm not sure how much, etc. Try searching for some info, until someone can hopefully offer more advice.

RWillieK
04/14/2007, 07:34 PM
the pH is stable at 8.51 right now....

for future reference, someone sent me this link:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-07/rhf/index.php#9

Robbie

Grunt007
04/14/2007, 07:40 PM
I'm actually having precipitate issues right now w/ kalk, I just posted the otherday. That link looks right up my alley and just what I was looking for. WOW... I thought I would be the one answering a question heh. Thanks

mako56
04/14/2007, 07:41 PM
Been there done that thought I had the jug of fresh water and it was the kalk water. It was in a 75 gallon so it didn't raise the ph as high as it probably did in yours. If it were me I would just mix up some new water and replace it. Depends on how much you put in but your ph could be pretty high.

mako56
04/14/2007, 07:46 PM
Oh well a little late. You should be ok your ph isn't to bad.