PDA

View Full Version : Coralife RO/DI problems

crossi92
04/16/2007, 09:16 AM
I just bought the 50g per day RO/DI unit from coralife. The unit came almost completely together, all I had to do is put in the TFC membrane. I did that, attached the water line to my faucet and turned on the water. I watched the water flow into the first chamber, it then flowed to the second chamber, then up to the TFC filter. I then waited thinking I would see waste water coming out of the red line and the DI canister should have started to fill up. about 5 seconds later the water line blew off the faucet and I was soaked! Pretty funny to see but I can't figure out why the water gets stuck in that chamber and won't flow out. The water pressure then builds up so much that it either starts leaking from the TFC canister or just blows off the faucet again. Anyone have one or any suggestions.

barbra
04/16/2007, 09:21 AM
Something is backwards, turned around, or inside out perhaps? I would start at one end and work through it until I found the exact point at which the stoppage is occuring and see what's wrong.

crossi92
04/16/2007, 09:25 AM
I've been through it several times. It is definitely getting stuck in the top TFC canister, the only one that isn't clear. This is the first one I ever owned, so I very well could be doing something wrong but it looks really straight forward and easy to set up. Does anyone know if coralife has a website, I haven't been able to find one.

barbra
04/16/2007, 10:13 AM
Coralife is owned by ESU:

http://www.esuweb.com/

crossi92
04/16/2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks