PDA

View Full Version : Bm 200 overflowing

bluenassarius
04/16/2007, 10:16 PM
I got this in last week.. this thing is overflowing like mad. It came w/ a gatevalve mod.. what really upset me was .. RG failed to mention the wingnut is really not necessary w/ the gate vavle and wingnut. i put the wing nut in it and raised the outflow.. which caused the acrylic outflow to crack. i've let it run since last thursday until now. the skimmer is still overflowing. I put the skimmer on eggcrate so it isn't sitting so deep in the water... still the same thing.. overflowing. i wish they put a photo of what the thing looked like w/ the gate valve on their website or on the instructions. does anybody have recommendations on this product to get the skimmer to stop overflowing.

palawan
04/16/2007, 10:36 PM
I would get hold of Ed of KMAI. He is the west coast dist. of the ATI's. He is very helpful.

Jim_S
04/16/2007, 10:44 PM
Bummer about the crack Sam. Sorry to hear that.

There is a pretty long thread about the BM's. You should lift it up to around 7-9" depending on the skimmer. Also, they take a bit to get broken in, so be patient. It'll skim. They just take some time to adjust and so forth.

Jim

lvpd186
04/16/2007, 10:55 PM
Here is a photo of what the gate valve mod looks like on a BM 200 (Ed from Reefgeek sent it to me when I had a question about the gate valve mod, I hope he doesn't mind that I posted it here). Also since you have the gate valve you should lower the stock exit all the way down, the gate valve will control the water level in your skimmer.

http://members.cox.net/neblueknight/BM200-Gate%20Valve%20Kit.jpg

Creetin
04/17/2007, 07:03 AM
That is a bummer about the crack. You can use a little weld on to fix it.
You can always submerge the outlet by adding some pvc pipe to the tee till the overflowing resides.

Reef Sponger
04/18/2007, 01:21 PM
Call the dealer you purchased the skimmer from for assistance. I've found that kmaintl in SF (Ed at KM Associates Int'l) is really helpful and has done extensive testing and evaluation on several lines of skimmers, including this one. No skimmer should be overflowing daily.

palawan
04/18/2007, 02:17 PM
You should be able to get a hold of Ed here, http://home.wwdb.org/kmaintl I mentioned your issue to him.

Reef Sponger
04/21/2007, 01:51 AM
bluenassarius, I see you took palawan's recommendation as I saw your post in the vendor experience thread for kmaintl. Has your situation been resolved or are you guys still tackling the problem?

Creetin
04/21/2007, 04:33 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9757974#post9757974 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef Sponger
Call the dealer you purchased the skimmer from for assistance. I've found that kmaintl in SF (Ed at KM Associates Int'l) is really helpful and has done extensive testing and evaluation on several lines of skimmers, including this one. No skimmer should be overflowing daily.

Mine did at first and after the first week or so it stopped and has been rock steady. Go figure i guess.
Is ed a sponsor here?