PDA

View Full Version : flatworm exit dosage, help

jski711
04/17/2007, 06:34 PM
well i have flatworms and would like to hear how people have delt with this using saliferts flatworm exit. i can only see them on my mushrooms for now but there are quite a few of them. help me please.

Vanquishxxxx
04/17/2007, 06:57 PM
most poeple actually dont do the instructed dose, and actually double it, up to ive heard poeple doing up to ten times the recommended dose to kill flatworms, i myself had a problem with them about a month ago in a 55g , i used three times the recommended dose with no problems at all. So i would tell you to use deifnitly 2 or 3 times the intrcuted amount to make sure to kill them off

Icefire
04/17/2007, 07:00 PM
the problem with flatworm, people under estimate and get huge toxine spike and crash their tank.

You also need 1lbs of charbon.

jski711
04/17/2007, 07:08 PM
ya, i did it over the weekend and saw no flatworms but i only did the recomended dosage. i am currently running a crapload of carbon and plan on doing this again in a few days.

Puffer Daddy
04/17/2007, 08:17 PM
Icefire is on the nose..
I have no concerns over the dosage, its the toxins that will get ya. Just siphon out all you see before you treat. I used a filter sock (wife's hose :) ) untill i saw no more...waited two hours and could not believe the number that replaced the ones i sucked out...did those then treated. Water change and carbon, no probs at all. Just be prepared to do it again next week as it all but impossible to get them all the first time.

Vanquishxxxx
04/17/2007, 08:30 PM
yep make sure you syphon them out and dont run the carbon while you are doseing, wait like 45 minutes then run carbon while you are syphoning out the dead ones