PDA

View Full Version : Amonia

Ronny#66
04/18/2007, 11:24 AM
tested and color is lighter than o ppm green on test card 0.25 is darker than the 0 ppm am I ok. nitrite is 0 nitrate is 0 ph is 8.4 in the pea soup green tank i"m frustrated!!

papagimp
04/18/2007, 11:34 AM
Let me guess, Aquarium pharmecutical test kit? Petsmart/petco? Maybe even from walmart?

Some test kit's, such as the one mentioned above, are going to be somewhat innaccurate the majority of the time, and all the time, they are difficult to read. My ammonia test (AP) shows .25 in my tank all the time. I know it's not there, but "the test says so". You can get a second opinion with another test kit. Ammonia would not cause the green pea soup, but the dead fish you mentioned in the other thread may, as well as an ammonia spike, so I would recommend the second opinion.

Azial
04/18/2007, 11:48 AM
I keep two test kits as a "second opinion" for economics I use a dip strip test to get "an idea" of what is going on. If I see something wrong I follow it up with a quality liquid test.

Lately I have been doing it in the reverse, If I have a test I don't trust I drop a strip in to see if it's close.