PDA

View Full Version : Blue Reef Chromis?

nikonosis
04/19/2007, 03:35 PM
We bought 7 blue reef chromis and they all ate fine in the store, we quarantined them and they ate fine in the quarantine. They also stayed in a group in those 2 tanks.
Well 2 days ago I put them into our 180g and they all just disappeared and hid somewhere. They all split up and hid in seperate spots. I see 1 or 2 of them occassionally but I don't even see them come out to eat when I feed the tank.

Should I be worried?

frederickk
04/19/2007, 03:48 PM
Give them some time, you have a big tank and they have to get use to it.

nikonosis
04/19/2007, 03:54 PM
do you think they are eating?

Wrench
04/19/2007, 05:02 PM
Mine will hide in the back of the tank if I turn the pumps off. Seems they prefer to be out in the current. The more the better. When I first got them though they hid for about 5 minutes and that was it.

gabegmonkey
04/19/2007, 05:29 PM
I have 3 in my 55 and when I moved my tank from the "Computer Room" to my livingroom they kind of freaked out a bit and were hiding (almost constantly)in the rockwork for about 3 days...

I did see them eating food as it flowed into the rocks...

fish can go without eating for several days with no ill effect... I'm sure they're ok... they'll get more and more comfortable and be out more and more...

nikonosis
04/19/2007, 06:43 PM
i hope so!

DarthBaiter
04/19/2007, 07:00 PM
Mine did the same. All in the rocks the first few days. Then they came out little by little and started eating, but most didn't make it. :(
The one that survived got huge, lol and a big meany. Acts just like a damsel. He chased the others around something fierce, till they died hiding in the rocks. Now he won't leave my clowns alone. :(