PDA

View Full Version : How to move my tank

latkins_1999
04/19/2007, 09:02 PM
whats the easiest way to move my 75 gal tank so that i can have new carpet put in with out tearing it completely down to move it.

reefmvp
04/20/2007, 12:05 PM
i had the same problem you have except mine was a 120gal. i just carpeted around the tank, saves alot of trouble and time and besides you really prefer not to put a tank on top of carpet, which causes imbalance (always better to have a solid surface) IMO.
but if you have to move it, there is no really easy way to do it.
would have to empty the tank, put all live stock in buckets and put the whole thing back together when the floor is done. if it was hard wood floors you were installing then you can prob empty half the tank then push and slide it but since its carpet theres no way to do it .

Chago09
04/21/2007, 07:26 AM
lol come on.... carpet will not cause instability, were talking of tanks of over 1000lbs.... it crushes the carpet so fast it practicly is on the base board or concrete below.

reefmvp
04/21/2007, 09:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9779642#post9779642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chago09
lol come on.... carpet will not cause instability, were talking of tanks of over 1000lbs.... it crushes the carpet so fast it practicly is on the base board or concrete below.

chago,
we are here to help and to give our opinion and advice on certain issue and if you dont agree with it or have your opinion thats fine but there is no need to laugh at others (LOL) in their advice.