PDA

View Full Version : All ph probes created equal?

kevinlo
04/19/2007, 09:35 PM
I'm sure some people have some opinions about this. What is the longest lasting, most accurate ph probe available at a reasonable price (around $50)? Or are they all (milwaukee, pinpoint, neptune, reef fanatic) about the same?

jdieck
04/20/2007, 01:58 AM
At that price range, I get Pin Point. Neptune are also good

tgreene
04/20/2007, 05:42 AM
Milwaukee probes are epoxy encapsulated at the top, meaning that they can be fully submersed, whereas Pinpoint cannot.

Early on, I had to replace 2 Pinpoint probes that died when the suction cups came loose and the probes unded up at tthe bottom of my sump for an undetermined amount of time. I switched to Milwaukee, because the Pinpoint probes were not covered under warranty, due to being fully submersd.

-Tim

ianward
04/20/2007, 08:16 AM
Hmm, I run both a PP and Neptune PH probe submersed all the time and both work well.

africangrey
04/20/2007, 12:01 PM
and what are the differences between the standard and lab grade probe, is the lab grade last longer and more accurate, are pH probe interchangeable, meaning can I use pinpoint or neptune probe on my Milwalkee controller.

RobbyG
04/20/2007, 02:15 PM
I heard that there are some serious Lab grade probes that you can buy. These are refillable probes that have a very high price tag. I have no more info but possibly some one else could point you to a website that has them.