PDA

View Full Version : Help with GS maroon clown fish

salt newbie01
04/20/2007, 11:00 AM
I am not sure if this needs to be here or in the fish disease forum. I have a 4 inch female gs maroon clown that is hosting in a large gbt. I got the pair a year ago. they have been together for 4 years now. I added a smalll gsm a few months ago with the hopes they would pair up. Well they did and spawned several weeks ago. thge eggs were on a rock under the nem for several days then one morning they were gone. Then about a week and a half later the female clown began acting weird. she stays hidden in the nem all day and night. She isn't eating and is always "laying" on the nem. I have not seen anything strange on her body. no leasions, white marks parasites, cloudy eyes, nothing. Her color is a little dull and her breathing seems a little fast but not much. Any ideas???

Nothing has changed in the tank equipment wise and all water parameters are stable and have been the same for a long time. tank has been running for approx 18 months. Before she started acting this way she ate very good. mysis shrimp with a few drops of vita-chem and aqudine flake a couple times a week. Oh and she has been this way for 4-5 days. And the smaller male is acting fine - no problems at all. If more info is needed just ask - this was just getting a little long.

Thanks in advance
Patrick

salt newbie01
04/20/2007, 08:20 PM
bump -- anyone??

RightWinger210
04/20/2007, 08:33 PM
Read it, and I got nothin', unless its an internal issue, which would have to be dealt with by using medicine in the food, but I'm not too sure on the actual problem, especially if everything is as perfect in your tank as you say.