PDA

View Full Version : Aquamedic Kalk Stirrer 1000

CSS Reef
04/20/2007, 02:39 PM
Who has used one of t hese. They are kind of like the Deltec stirrers at half the cost. Can anyone chime in on their experiences with one of these units? Build quality, reliability, etc.......

dandydan
04/20/2007, 05:56 PM
I use one - no problems so far except when received the non return valve was in the wrong way.
Use it with the Aqua medic SP3000 Niveaumat which after 14 months is still using the same hose but rollers were renewed free by AMedic a week ago.

Luck

CSS Reef
04/20/2007, 06:02 PM
Cool. How loud is the stirrer?

bsk997
04/20/2007, 06:51 PM
Anybody else have an opinion on these?
I'm looking to get one myself.
Also, anybody know of a place that actually has one in stock?

jmp998
04/20/2007, 08:33 PM
Bought mine from Foster&Smith, no complaints, works as advertised, quiet. I run mine on a timer to extend the motor life. My check valve was also installed backwards, preventing water from entering, but easily fixed.

bureau13
04/20/2007, 09:22 PM
Mine works pretty well. I'm using it inline with a Tunze Osmolator. The connector in the motor for power is loose on mine, and I've caught it not running a couple times. I've had a couple strange issues where it seemed a more concentrated solution got into the tank than usual, but I don't see how it could have been stirrer related. All in all, I've been happy with it. Especially given the money, I would recommend it.

jds

RobTheReefer
04/20/2007, 10:29 PM
I have one. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Love it. My calcium reactor would go before it would. The stirrer motor is absolutely silent. I run it 24/7 with a kangaroo pump feeding it. Ditto on the reversed check valve. I got mine from fosters as well. You can find them $20 cheaper elsewhere.

dandydan
04/21/2007, 05:10 AM
Sorry our hours totally different,
The other thing is its a mitsubishi, motor, same as the SP3000, totally reliable but does run hot, and as said even with my ear on it you cant hear it.
I also have their triple programmable dosing pumps, Programming takes a bit of getting your head around but versatile, and of course mitsubishi motors.
Luck

tony13
09/22/2007, 04:56 AM
Set mine up last night. The reverse check valve problem seems to be on alot of them. My fellow Aquamedic owners, how much kalk powder you guys mixing in, 2 coffee cups like to directions say seems like alot. Unless their talking about the scooper that puts the grinds into the machine. What's the hieght of the milky water compared to the clear water?