PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner wrasse went Phycho!

Ventralis321
04/20/2007, 07:52 PM
Ok so got home from work and i found my Regal angel dead. It was alive earlier before i left. Then i see all my clams closed up. This Regal angel never touched the clams. So i was thinking well maybe it decided too and was killed in the process somehow. Then out of nowhere i see my cleaner wrasse coming over and aggresively picking the clams. I was like "WHat!" So i took him out and he's in quarantine now. I think he killed the Regal too. The clams were not dying or anything either. The wrasse just decided to go nuts out of the blue.

proboscis
04/20/2007, 09:10 PM
that sucks, sorry to hear about that, regals are nice fish.......... how big is the wrasse? and how big was the regal angel?

Waxxiemann
05/01/2007, 09:42 AM
The exact same thing happened to me. I had this great cleaner wrasse who was a model citizen and then I went on vacation for a week. When I came back, my clam was closed and I saw my cleaner munching away at it. He just snapped one day I guess, I have since removed the fish and the clam is doing fine.

Waxx.

ezcompany
05/01/2007, 05:39 PM
how did you catch ur fish?

Waxxiemann
05/01/2007, 05:47 PM
painstakingly. I chased him around the tank with 2 nets for about an hour and a half. my shoulders were KILLING me afterwards.