PDA

View Full Version : How many male flasher wrasses can I keep?

Mr.Limpet
04/20/2007, 10:22 PM
I am setting up a 150 gallon reef. I would like to keep the following four male flasher wrasses- Carpenters, Blue flasher, McCosker's and Line spot (P. Lineopunctatus). Will they coexist peacefully? I am also planning to get one female of one of the above species- whichever is available. I've read that Carpenters can be aggressive towards other male flasher wrasses.

DeltecRules
04/20/2007, 10:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9778289#post9778289 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr.Limpet
I am setting up a 150 gallon reef. I would like to keep the following four male flasher wrasses- Carpenters, Blue flasher, McCosker's and Line spot (P. Lineopunctatus). Will they coexist peacefully? I am also planning to get one female of one of the above species- whichever is available. I've read that Carpenters can be aggressive towards other male flasher wrasses.

I have a Paracheilinus attenuatus, and a lineopunctatus together without issue. But I have a feeling if you put the blue flasher and lineopunctatus together there might be a war. They are closely the same color but you never know. I would try it though.

snorvich
04/21/2007, 09:03 AM
No issues. I have various male flasher wrasses in my two tanks with no issue whatsoever.