PDA

View Full Version : Scooter blenny behavior?

chrisstie
04/22/2007, 05:27 PM
Hey all I have a scooter dragonette and I've noticed a different behavior in her.

I recently removed a Foxface from my tank which was pretty boisterious and now am left with a relatively docile crew- midas blenny, dragonette, antenna goby, possum wrasse, pair of clownfish

I notice the dragonette swimming up and down along the glass almost the way I have seen some do in stores - she still zips about and picks at her pods but I've only noticed this behavior after the foxface was removed.

Is she being more bold because he is gone or is there another odd behavior?

I have ~70 lbs of rock in my 55g with a 20 gal refugium with chaeto and lots of pods that I boost every few months- she hasn't eaten them all I still see them around...

I also notice my blenny coming out a little bit more to swim in the water column, I think removing the big yellow was a good move

lfduty
04/22/2007, 05:57 PM
I don't know whats going on the one i have never did this be for try puting the fox back in and see haw it go's naw

chrisstie
04/22/2007, 07:11 PM
I took the foxface back to the LFS so it isnt really an option. If anything she's more out and about.. just odd she'd swim up and down so much instead of hunting pods all day.. she's so pretty when she does it too im not sure if its a good or a bad thing

Kengaroo131
04/22/2007, 07:15 PM
yea mine also did this a few days after i introduced her to the tank she should be fine just give her time mine calmed down about 1-2 day afterwords.

cowboyswife
04/22/2007, 09:54 PM
She did that here all the time. A friend that lives around the corner, and works at an LFS, said his scooter does the same thing.

IPowderBlueTang
04/22/2007, 11:21 PM
Mine zip up and down the sides of the glass all the time and I think that is normal for them and no one picks on my scooter dragonette! Just a nornal behaviour I have observed since I had him for a year.

z3gsr
04/22/2007, 11:26 PM
My dragonette has a personality also he luvz attention just like the clowns. I guess its a good thing they dont just hide all the time. Their so pretty to look at. haha

chrisstie
04/23/2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks Becca for the input - looks like the fox being gone is just letting her get back to her normal business :):) and thanks everyone else :)

cowboyswife
04/23/2007, 08:17 AM
No problem :) Im just glad she is happy and fat! lol