PDA

View Full Version : GEO 618 Calcium Reactor VS Korallin C1502 Calcium Reactor

Mojo Jojo
04/22/2007, 09:43 PM
Which of these would be best for a 90g tank? Mixed Reef mainly SPS and LPS. Price is not issue just want to get a good reactor that does the job right. If anybody owns one of these it be great to hear your feedback. Thanks -Joe

http://www.saltycritter.com/calcium-reactors/geo-calcium-reactors.htm

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=742

jeffreylam1132
04/23/2007, 12:49 PM
I would go with the GEO. Well built and reliable.

TCU Reefer
04/23/2007, 06:34 PM
Second the Geo. No experience with the Korallin but you'll find that there are few negative things beings said about Geo reactors/

I'm running a 618 on my 215g SPS so you might be able to go with a smaller model.

washingtond
04/23/2007, 06:38 PM
I am using a GEO 618 on my 200 gal tank without any problems.

lvpd186
04/23/2007, 07:34 PM
I have a Korallin bio-denitrator (same design as the calcium reactor I believe) on one tank and a Geo on the other. I would say the Geo is the better of the two, it is built very well, was easy to set up and seems to run with out problems. The Korallin is built well, but I have had problems with it from the start. The directions are less then desirable and it seems to develop air bubbles that stop it from working (although that might be a different issue since it runs different media). The Korallin is suppose to work with only a syphon from the tank but like I said I keep developing an air bubble that shuts it down. The Geo runs with a maxijet 1200 pump (recommended). Maxi-jet pumps are cheap and it works with out problems. FWIW I would recommend the Geo. Before I forget I think you would probably get better customer support (including parts) from Geo, even though I haven't needed any yet.

hilde123
04/23/2007, 07:37 PM
I would recommend the Geo also.

hatfielj
04/23/2007, 08:08 PM
I would go with the Geo too, but a 618 on a 90 is a bit too much. The 612 would be a perfect fit and would easily be able to keep your levels high without any problem. The only reason I would get the 618 on your tank is if you are planning on using it on a bigger tank at some point. I just got the 618 for my 120, but I plan on adding a frag tank eventually, so I'll need the extra calcium. Regardless the Geo's are built like tanks and very easy to hook up and get running. I love it!

Goodwood
04/23/2007, 08:17 PM
ive got a GEO 618 on a 90, if you've got the space get it. If your like me, your always planning on a bigger tank one day.

Doug
04/23/2007, 08:55 PM
I have been using the Korallin unit for about three years and would not buy it again. I have had problems adjusting it and have to run the water much faster than the recommended drip that they suggest. It's not horrible but I can't recommend it.

I have heard good things about Geo's products but I do not have any hands on experience with them.