View Full Version : lobster

vr697getta
04/23/2007, 06:12 PM
are any reef safe
i saw one at my lfs
and it looked sweet i can't find any info online

1F2FRFBF
04/23/2007, 06:35 PM
I have a friend who bought a reef lobster several years ago and never saw it - it crawled under the rocks and stayed there. You'd maybe see a claw waving around every once in a while, but that was it. He also thinks it might have been responsible for the disappearance of a couple of fish. Shrimp won't be safe either.

When he recently took his tank apart to move it, he finally caught the bugger and dropped it into a smaller tank - where it promptly disappeared under the rocks.

It might be good for a specimen tank, but if you insist on going through with the purchase you might want to think about arranging your rocks in such a way that you'll be able to get a glimpse of your investment every once in a while.

coast2coast7390
04/23/2007, 07:29 PM
what color was it

the blue ones with the long white antenna are reef and fish safe...for the simple reason that they have small claws...but they hide all the time

vr697getta
04/23/2007, 08:54 PM
i think it said it was red and orange it was hiding there also not sure if its worth 35 bucks if its gonna hie that much

JENnKerry
04/24/2007, 11:55 AM
I've had my purple reef lobster for the last year and a half. Really cool looking but as stated earlier, he rarely comes out.

agreeive?fish
04/24/2007, 01:11 PM
I see my purple reef lobster after ligts go out and then just th front 1/4 of him as he is eating..and once in a while i will see part of his sheded shell in the morning