PDA

View Full Version : Ich?

Crosby
04/24/2007, 11:37 AM
Is it possible for a fish to get ich on only 1 side of his body and have the other side looking normal?

Jerry W
04/24/2007, 11:49 AM
The parasie can attach randomly so you might only see spots on one side at first. If left untreated, you'll notice heavier infestations more widespread on the fishes body. Are you sure it's ich?

Crosby
04/24/2007, 12:07 PM
Well my flame angel has a spot by his eye and some of his scales looked damaged on one side of his body only. I first thought ich but realized it looked more like his black stripes were scraped. As a apposed to white spots on his black stripes. I think that maybe one of my other fish may have attacked him at night. In the day time I never see a fight. He grazes on my live rock and sometimes he gets to close to my hawkfish, or harelquin bass. One time he actually pecked the basses tail. He was not being aggressive but just did so accidentally as he wanted to peck the live rock. The bass opened it's mouth and swam to another rock. But maybe at night he provoked a more serious response. He his my smallest fish.