PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing a fuge for my AIO Nano

kclauser
04/24/2007, 09:41 PM
Im in the planning stages for an external sump on my BC29. Im 90% sure I am going to be drilling the back and using a bulkhead but Im not exactly sure how I will have a drain and a return without messing up the stock flow through the back chambers. If anyone has done this already please let me know or link me to a thread or something. Also, if Im going with an external sump/fuge would it be a better idea to use a Tunze nano 9002 in the sump rather than a sapphire skimmer in chamber 2?

Any and all input is appreciated.

Lorretto
04/24/2007, 11:07 PM
my plan is to take all the chambers out because I'm going with an external fuge/sump

kclauser
04/25/2007, 08:52 AM
I considered doing that too, but on the one drilled BC Ive already seen, chambers 1 and 2 acted as a sort of built in overflow, if something should go wrong, with the drain in chamber 3, it would only fill the sump until there was no longer enough water to spill into chamber 2 and I kind of like that safety.

drjuice28
04/25/2007, 11:08 AM
juice's nanocube 24G mega-mod

That's the nme of my thread, where I tackled some of these types of issues. It's got a ton of pics walking through it.

Good luck!