PDA

View Full Version : Coral Beauty \ Cleaner Shrimp

dannable
04/26/2007, 03:01 PM
I just added my Coral Beauty from QT to the main tank and he is acting aggressivley towards my cleaner shrimp. Is the cleaner shrimp in any danger? I thought these fish would not be a problem with a cleaner shrimp. I have another tank I could move the shrimp too but I would rather not have it come to that.

bertoni
04/26/2007, 03:09 PM
I haven't heard of that combination causing problems, but anything is possible. Personally, I'd risk it and wait a bit, but it's definitely a risk.

Are you sure the fish just doesn't want to be cleaned?

dannable
04/26/2007, 03:10 PM
No, he is actually taking a run at him sometimes. Doesn't seem to be biting though...

Euclid537
04/26/2007, 03:10 PM
If it were a very expensive shrimp I'd say pull them immediately. Although, in this situation, I'd just use the playground mentality and let things work themselves out. :)

wizzbane15
04/26/2007, 03:40 PM
Even when something is supposed to have a certain temprement, there is always the exception. I agree about letting them duke it out, just keep an eye the situation.

maybe you coral beauty thinks he is a wrasse... :strooper:

papagimp
04/26/2007, 03:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9819453#post9819453 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wizzbane15
maybe you coral beauty thinks he is a wrasse... :strooper:

I've seen wierder. I've got a wrasse that thinks he's a clownfish. :D It's not so bad until the female gets home and see's her male rubbin' in the mushrooms with a wrasse instead.
fish jealousy can be an ugly thing.

My last CB was about as peaceful a fish as I've ever seen, so just goes to show that various individuals will have different temperments and attitudes. Just like people.

povsan
04/27/2007, 08:03 AM
I'm trying to catch my coral beauty right now cause he's nipping on both of my clams, my open brain coral, and my kenya tree coral.... on top of that he's chasing my flame angel too. He's on my list right now.