PDA

View Full Version : Supplementing

eagleONE
04/26/2007, 08:20 PM
Quick question just to see what everyone is using. What are you guys supplementing your corals with if you are? Right now I'm using B-ionic, but I've been pretty curious about prodibio or zeo. Anyone have an experience with these two? Any dose with an amino acids? Love to hear what you guys are doing. Thanks

Jay

fishfanatic06
04/26/2007, 08:28 PM
I would say keep it simple for now. You don't need any of that zeo/prodibio stuff to run a succesfull sps reef. I feed my sps pappone (seafood mixed in a blender). And I keep up with calcium and alkalinity with Randy's two part. Pretty simple. I tried that prodibio stuff before and it requires a lot of dedication and cash. I did not think it was worth it. You don't need any of those sate of the art complex systems for an sps reef. I have found in the long run that it is better to just keep it simple.
JMO though.

eagleONE
04/26/2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks fishfanatic.

Yeah I finally finished reading up the Pappone thread-all 40 something pages of it. I'll be giving that a shot.

fishfanatic06
04/26/2007, 09:12 PM
No problem:)

old salty
04/26/2007, 10:33 PM
I agree with keeping it simple. I haven't dosed a single item in my tank in over 8 months. It's never looked better.